This course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and skills needed to ….
The VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management is a vocationally related qualification that will prepare you to gain employment as a salon manager, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role. Entry on to this qualification can be via previous attainment of a hair or beauty qualification at level 3.
This is a vocationally related qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a salon manager. This qualification will allow you to develop both management and technical skills required for the role of hair and beauty salon manager. There are five mandatory
units in this qualification,
• including: management of health, safety and security in the salon,
• quality management of client care in the hair and beauty sector,
• sales management in the hair and beauty sector,
• Public relations in the hair and beauty sector and salon management. You will also have the opportunity to further develop your knowledge, understanding and skills by choosing from a range of optional units including:
• research in the hair and beauty sector, salon design,
• IT and data handling for the hair and beauty sector,
• marketing, human resource management,
• airbrush make-up,
• permanent lashes,
• intimate waxing,
• prosthetic make-up,
• advanced epilation techniques,
• hair colour correction,
• manage the creation of a hair style collection
• hair and scalp specialist services, and micro-pigmentation.
To start the Certificate in Salon Management, you need at least a Level 3 NVQ or equivalent qualification plus a minimum of 3 years’ salon experience. You should also have literacy (English), numeracy (Maths) and ICT skills at Level 2. If you would like to do the Diploma, you also need to be employed in a relevant salon role and with opportunities to take on supervisory or management duties.
Mature Applicants We welcome applications from mature students (aged 21 and over as at 1st September in the academic year of admission) and do not necessarily require the same academic qualifications as school leaving applicants. Applicants will be invited to attend an admission interview and will be advised of the criteria in advance. To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Management of Health, Safety & Security, Salon Management, Public Relations, Quality Management of Client Care, Research, Salon Design, Marketing, Human Resources Management
Our Academic Support Team provides help in the following areas:
• Study skills (including reading, note-taking and presentation skills)
• Written English (including punctuation and grammatical accuracy)
• Academic writing (including how to reference)
• Research skills (in conjunction with the library)
• Critical thinking and understanding arguments
• Revision, assessment and examination skills (including time management)
Our Disability Advice and Support Service helps students with additional needs resulting from disabilities such as sensory impairment or learning difficulties such as dyslexia.