• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above
• GCSE Science if you intend a teaching career
• UCAS tariff points from Scottish Highers or Advanced Highers are accepted
• UCAS tariff points from the Irish Leaving Certificate are accepted
• You must provide evidence of having been in general education for at least 10 years, achievement of a full level 5 qualification and two years experience working within the sector.
• A face-to-face interview may be required before an offer is made.
There will be opportunities given to receive formative feedback on assessments prior to the formal hand in within tutorial 1:1s. Within the research project there is the opportunity to submit each chapter for formative feedback; this is subject to the careful management of time and submission.
There is a formal or ‘summative’ assessment at the end of each module. Assessment methods include a range of coursework assessments; reports, essays, presentations and a research project. The grades from formal assessments counts towards your module mark.
Percentage of the course assessed by coursework