Click Here to view the Fee Policy 2018-19

Click Here for the list of tuition fees for admission in 2019-20

Click Here for the list of tuition fees for admission in 2018-19

Click Here for our Payment Plan Form

Click Here for Sponsor Declaration

Student Finance

Tuition fees vary between validating universities. To find out how much your course will cost, see below:

Click Here for the list of tuition fees for admission in 2019-20

Click Here to view the Fee Policy 2018-19

Click Here for the list of tuition fees for admission in 2018-19

If you are a new student who already has a Higher Education (HE) qualification and are starting an undergraduate programme in 2017/8, you may find that you are not eligible for funding for your fees or living costs because your qualification is Equivalent to, or Lower than, a Qualification (ELQ) which you have already achieved. There are however some exemptions including certain programmes.

It is important to check out your entitlement with your funding body (Student Finance England) before you start your course and become liable for fees. Information is available here: http://www.hefce.ac.uk/lt/elqs/, https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/overview, and https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies.

Yes. Yeovil College University Centre and its partners will allow you to pay in installments. Please contact us on 01935 845454 for more information.

While at university, you will need to remember to budget for living expenses. If you plan to move away from home to live nearer Yeovil College University Centre, you need to think about the cost of:

Accommodation, including bills such as electricity, gas, internet access, telephone etc.

  • Food
  • Transport

  • The average cost of these depends upon where you live and your lifestyle, but it is important to budget and not live beyond your income.

    Financial support for UK students

    Loans for full-time students There are two types of student loan available to full-time students from England. You can take out either, both or neither:

  • Tuition Fee Loan: Paid directly to the university when you enrol and covers your course tuition fees
  • Student Loan for Maintenance: Paid directly to students termly for cost of living expenses
  • No. Student Maintenance Loans are offered to most full-time students and is there if you need it during your course.

    Did you know, you can now pay as you go? Call us now on 01935 845454 to find out about taking modules one at a time, spreading the cost and your learning to suit you.

    Full-time UK students may also be eligible for means-tested grants. While you will need to repay student loans, you do not repay grants.

  • Maintenance Grant: To help pay your living expenses
  • Childcare Grant: To help with childcare costs for children under 15 or under 17 if they have special educational needs
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance: For students with dependent children, not necessarily paying for childcare
  • Adult Dependents Grant: For students who have an adult who depends on them financially
  • New part-time students may be able to claim a tuition fee loan to cover fees. Eligibility depends on the ‘intensity’ of your part-time course being at least 25% of a full-time course. For example, if your course takes six years to complete and the full-time equivalent takes three, the intensity will be 50%.

    Unfortunately, part-time students cannot currently claim maintenance loans (correct at time of print, July 2017). You may however be eligible for the National Scholarship Programme.

    This depends upon your household income and whether you have any child or adult dependents. If you live with your parents, their income will also be taken into account. Each Student Finance awarding body has a calculator on its website to help you estimate what you can claim. Website details are included below.

    Tuition Fee Loans and Maintenance Loans have to be repaid. You don’t start paying these loans back until you've finished or left your course and your income is over the repayment threshold which is currently £25,000 a year.

    Repayment will start the April after you finish or leave your course but only if your income (not household income) is £25,000 a year or more. Interest will be charged from the day your tuition fee or maintenance loan is paid.

    Payments are deducted through your tax code. If your income stops or falls below the threshold, your repayments will cease.

    Any outstanding loan amount still owing after 30 years will be cancelled.

    For more information on interest charged and repaying your loan, go to https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan/what-you-pay?step-by-step-nav=18045f76-ac04-41b7-b147-5687d8fbb64a

    You can apply for student loans and other financial help from the Government once you have identified the course for which you are likely to be granted a place. To make sure that you receive your money on time, do not wait until you have a confirmed place. Simply name the course you are most likely to attend on your application.

    Students from England can apply for tuition fee loans, maintenance loans and grants through Student Finance England:


    If you are from Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can apply for grants through the Student Finance organisation for your country:

    Student Finance Wales


    Student Finance Scotland


    Student Finance Northern Ireland


    Other Financial Support Available

    Financial support is now available for those interested in taking Initial Teacher Training courses, such as the Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Please visit www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/funding for more information.

    Students enrolling on courses franchised by the University of the West of England may be entitled to support from the university. Please visit www.uwe.ac.uk for more information.

    If you have additional learning needs, you may be eligible for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs). Please visit our Student Support page for more information on this and other non-financial support available.

    Financial Support for non-UK students

    If you are from an EU country not mentioned above, you can find out more click here.